Return to Wonderland
Advanced Option: Custom Textures
Return To Wonderland Platinum gives you additionals option to customize your levels even further. The third thing you can do is use your own texture set for your level creations. To do so, follow these steps.
NOTE: The Platinum Edition already contains two sets of custom textures ("blue" and "lush") as well as one custom background ("fire"). You can use and copy these as templates, but do not move or re-move them, as the Platinum Level Set requires these textures to run properly.
1. Create a sub-directory in your CustomTextures directory, e.g. "PolkaDotPink". In it, place 13 textures, each measuring 64x64 pixels (resize, if necessary), with the following names and functions: floor1.jpg, floor2.jpg, floor3.jpg, floor4.jpg (the four floor types), wallside1a.jpg (standard wall), wallside2a.jpg (deep wall), wallside3a.jpg (secret wall), wallside1b.jpg, wallside2b.jpg, wallside3b.jpg (darker versions of the previous walls for the "dark sides"), walltop.jpg (top of wall structure), break.jpg (the "breakaway" bridge) and sign.jpg (floortile that has a readable sign).
2. Load the level editor, press Shift-T (QWERTY keyboard). A prompt for a directory will appear. This is the name of a sub-directory inside the "CustomTextures" directory that you created in step 1.
3. Select "Custom" as your Style type.
1. Create a sub-directory in your CustomBackground directory, e.g. "MyBackground". In it, place a background texture of your choice, sized to either 128x128 or 256x256, and name back.jpg.
2. Load the level editor, press Shift-G (QWERTY keyboard). A prompt for a directory will appear. This is the name of a sub-directory inside the "CustomBackground" directory that you created above.
3. Select "Custom" as your Background type.
Click here to return to the Index.