Wonderland Adventures Updates
While the “Making of...” series is completed, we’re happy to announce two new developments in the world of Wonderland Adventures.
WA Editor Update v0.95
The Wonderland Adventures Editor has received a major face lift that addresses some of the usability issues of the earlier version. This update remains free to registered owners of the Wonderland games and can be downloaded from the Wonderland community forum.
Some of the new features:
- All three editor parts (3D, Master, Dialog) have been integrated into a single program - no more switching between applications.
- The Editor can compile individual files into a single new *.wa2 format - no need to upload/download and extract zip files.
- The Editor automatically manages directories for adventures, including the ability to archive adventures and attach user names to adventures.
- There are also lots of minor fixes/changes, such as slowing down “fast” counters in the object adjusters.
Mysteries of Fire Island
- You can now select/change adventures from within the player (no need to reload).
- The Editor/Player can be both opened to update and test edited adventures “on the fly”.
- The player includes a “fancy” new save system that incorporates the adventure name, a screenshot, and nine save slots.
- You can now play as any of the Wonderland Adventures characters.
- Adventure scores also include your “Gold” status (i.e. did you get all gems and coins).
- Finally, we’ve included a new bonus adventure, “Five Coins and Ten Gems.” It should be relatively easy to complete, but getting “Gold” will present you with a fairly difficult logic puzzle.
The Stinkers are getting ready to embark on their next big adventure! A ship sailed to Fire Island (as told in Wonderland Adventures), but has not returned. Worried about the safety of the crew, Morklin is planning a second expedition to the island.
The crew should be ready to set sail before year’s end, but there’s still lots to be done. This is where you come in. While the majority of levels are being created in-house, we want to explore the opportunity of including the diverse talents of our many community members. So, if you want to become part of the official level design crew for WA:MOFI, here’s your chance!
To showcase your level creation skills to us, here is what you need to submit for consideration:
Again, to clarify, the adventure you submit will not be used in WA:MOFI, but is simply used to showcase your adventure designing skills to us.
- Send us a single adventure to email@example.com (In *.wa2 format) before the end of April (so don't rush, there’s lots of time). Make your subject line "WA:MOFI".
- You can submit a brand new adventure or one that you’ve already posted online (and you may post your adventure online first, to obtain user feedback before submitting to us).
- You need to submit a solution along with your adventure. This could be typed, a series of illustrations, a video capture, etc.
- You also must have access to a Paypal account in order to receive payment, should you become an official level designer for WA:MOFI. (If you are under 13 years of age, we will also need your parent’s permission before finalizing - but this is not something you need to do right now.)
To give you an idea of what we’re looking for, here are some suggestions:
What’s in it for you?
The adventure should “fit” well with existing official WA adventures, both in terms of its visuals (a clean look, e.g. no wild and psychedelic custom textures) and gameplay (a mix of puzzle and/or action, but e.g. no giant fake wall mazes or other “tricksy” stuff).
The adventure should be short and sweet. There’s no need to submit a 20-level mega adventure (in fact, please don’t)!
We are interested in both easy and hard levels, and in both new and old ideas - your adventure could either contain new puzzle ideas or showcase your ability to refine existing puzzle designs.
Finally, and most importantly, your adventure should be fun!
We hope some of you will consider joining the desing team. And of course, as always, we reserve the right to make all final decisions.
You will be payed a fee (to be determined) for each adventure that is included in the final version of WA:MOFI.
You will be among the first to play with both the WA:MOFI editor (which will include the sequel’s new gameplay elements) as well as the finished game.
You will, of course, also receive a free copy of WA:MOFI, as well as your name in the game’s credit list.